Ok, we were fooling around tonight with Klout since there is a very cool possibility that Klout CEO Joe Fernandez will soon grace this blog since we wanted to do an interview about Klout and online Latinos. So just for fun, we checked the Klout score for @julito77 (61). That account has been around Twitter since October, 2008, and it’s pretty solid score. Then we checked @fbnovel, the Twitter account for FRANKY BENÍTEZ and after just joined on January 2 of THIS YEAR, already has a Klout of 55. And it’s a book! Go figure.
Anyway, to honor the “old Twitter” and the “new Twiter,” we decided to add the following follows and amazing Twitter accounts to follow. The “old school” list is the original group of people who made Twitter so wonderful for us in late 2008, early 2009. They will be forever known as The Posse to me, my first REAL friends on Twitter (btw, I have met them all in person). The “new school” list recommends some great new profiles that we have met through @fbnovel.
“Old School” Profiles Profiles to Follow from @Julito77
- @ginidietrich: Oh, Gini, life without you would be like Martin without Lewis Simon without Garfunkel and Donny without Marie. Enough said. There is no one funnier, spunkier, savvier, or smarter than you on Twitter. Follow at @ginidietrich.
- @justinthesouth: The most giving person I know on Twitter. Justin is family. He also loves the Red Sox, and there is no one nicer online. Simple as that. Follow at @justinthesouth.
- @adriandayton: I will be honest with you, Adrian had like 18K followers when I reached out to him. I had like 100. I am go glad I did. Adrian is so intelligent, authentic, and knows social media. We have also been to a football game together and one of my dearest friends. You can follow Adrian at @adriandayton.
- @EOCMello: The first time Jeff tweeted me, it was love at first Red Sox. Not only do we share a love for the Pats and the Sox, Jeff has always made me laugh and he truly understands the transparency that is social media. One of the best on Twitter. Follow at @EOCMello.
- @sarahrobinson: She makes me laugh and she made me think about how best to use social media to be yourself. I love her Southern charm and wit. Follow her at @sarahrobinson.
“New School” Profiles to Follow from @fbnovel
- @Eva_Smith: Eva has quickly and authentically become a loyal supporter and reader. Yeah, she is on the dedication page. By the way, she also knows social media well. Very well. Follow her at @Eva_Smith.
- @M_Gideon: I love following new writers who are starting on twitter and this writer also has a very good story to share. Some very poignant prose. Follow at @M_Gideon.
- @charlievazquez: Yup, this NY Boricua (WEPA!) is the co-prophet of #LatinoLit and his support and passion for what he does is a model to us all. Psst, he is also a GREAT poet and write. Follow at @charlievazquez.
- @tcravet: Another part of the #LatinoLit literati, I am fascinated by this very talented Latina. Here’s to good books! Follow at @tcravet.
- @chela816: An old Twitter friend who is a new Twitter friend and loyal reader and supporter of the novel. Like her bio says: she is a conquistadora. Good to have her on our side. Follow her at @chela816.