Maybe the TOP GEAR story IS getting a little out of control.
Reports out of Australia today described the plight of 19-year-old Estibalis Chávez, who has set up a tent in front of the British Embassy in Mexico City and has gone on a hunger strike with the hope of getting invited to the royal wedding. According to reports, Chávez, who is in the ninth of her hunger strike, also said that getting a royal wedding invitation would make up for the TOP GEAR episode on January 30, when co-host Richard Hammond called Mexicans “lazy,” “flatulent,” and “feckless.”
As the report states:
“I have been a fan of Lady Di since I was a little girl,” Miss Chávez told Agence France-Presse today.
“My mother was also a fan … I promised myself I would go to the next royal wedding.”
Miss Chavez said she had been asking for an invitation to the April 29 wedding of William and Kate Middleton in London, but the embassy had told her it was impossible.
“I intend to fight until the very end… there is no turning back.”
A photo of Chávez includes a sign she made in Spanish which reads:
I’m on a hunger strike. Will they let me die for just not giving me an invitation to the royal wedding?