I could write 3,000 words about my love for my homeland. I could tell you that Puerto Ricans suffer from the paradoxical condition of misguided identity: are we Puerto Ricans? Americans? Puerto Ricans and Americans? But as I was about to write this post, I came across this video: PUERTO RICO A NATION. This is how I feel. Puerto Rico needs to be free: either being freely associated with the United States or as an independent country. Simple as that.
We are Papá Heroes
- Psst, #USA fans cheering @MStrooo6 right now as he leaves the game. His mom is Puerto Rican. #LosNuestros #WBC2017 21 minutes ago
- A hit! #LosNuestros 23 minutes ago
- The one difference tonight is that @ricardorossello is at the game. And #PuertoRico is losing. #wbc2017 1 hour ago
- The irony of a Puerto Rican pitcher for Team USA dominating Puerto Rican baseball team by not giving up a hit yet is duly noted. #WBC2017 1 hour ago
- This made my day @Carrasquillo twitter.com/carrasquillo/s… 1 hour ago
Top Posts on JRV.com
- The 1917 Jones Act: Puerto Ricans as U.S. Citizens
- Why Puerto Rico Will Never Become the 51st State
- New Census Figures Confirm: Puerto Rico is a Nation of Poverty and Social Crisis
- The Puerto Rican Olympic Hypocrisy: Pro-Statehood Governor Now Pushing Olympic Pride for Politics
- Pro-Statehooders List "Facts" About 51st State, Ignore Political Reality
- 416,908 visits
ThePaganSun on Why Puerto Rico Will Never Bec… JB on Why Puerto Rico Will Never Bec… NJB on Being Latino Founder Lance Río…
This is an open forum. Comments will be posted as is and unedited unless the original comments includes the following:
• Profanity directed at an individual to the point that it constitutes a personal attack and insult.
We welcome civil and respectful debate.
The opinions and content expressed by the author of this blog, Julio Ricardo Varela, are his and his alone. They do not reflect any of the organizations Julio is a part of. They are his own opinions, and this blog is his personal blog.