One door closes (read more here), but am sure another one will open. The time I had with Al Jazeera America was indeed amazing. The people I have met at “The Stream” have quickly become family to me.
Now it’s time to forge ahead. If you know of any good opportunities for someone of my background, please feel free to let me know here or tweet me @julito77.
Check out my VISUAL CV. Download it if you want.
Connect with me on LinkedIn. Friend me on Facebook. And while you’re here, check out one of my Stream appearances for Al Jazeera English:
Read Full Post »
Posted in Latino, tagged @julito77, Caribbean, Citizenship in the United States, Franky Benitez, Jeremy Clarkson, Julio Ricardo Varela, Julio Varela, Latino in America, LATISM, Luis Fortuño, Puerto Rico, Race and ethnicity in the United States Census, Sally Field, United States on August 15, 2011|
8 Comments »
This morning, as I was researching stories for this week, I noticed something extremely cool: 100,000. Yes, today, the little blog that could surpassed an amazing little milestone: 100,000 unique visits here.
So, in the spirit of Sally Field’s Oscar speech, I would like to thank the following people who helped make this blog a destination point on the Internet, ever since it was launched in early 2009:
- Latinos in Social Media (LATISM): You were there from the beginning, and I am eternally grateful. Can’t wait to see everyone in Chicago this November!
- The Original Twitter Posse: you made me laugh, you challenged me, you picked me up when I was down, and you have made my online and offline experience a joy. Much love to you all!
- Jeremy Clarkson: thank you for being a anti-Mexican boor.
- Republican and Pro-Statehooder Puerto Rican Governor Luis Fortuño: your vendepatria ways have allowed this blog to be one of the top ones when it comes to Puerto Rican politics.
- CNN Latino in America: without your uneven and poor show two years ago, there would be no Latino Success Stories blog.
- Fernando Varela: my brother is a talent and I was honored to co-translate a Spanish version of Coldplay’s YELLOW for him.
- All the trolls who want me to move back to Mexico. Memo to you: I am an American citizen. Bite me.
- The Rebeldes!!!!: my new group of ruffians, The Latino Rebels, are perhaps some of the most like-minded people I have ever met.
- The Two Raúls: Raúl Ramos y Sánchez and Raúl Colón. There are so many others who have helped this blog (see LATISM), but the two Raúls have been there from Day 1. Thank you for your unwavering support.
- And YOU: all the subscribers who take a moment from their busy lives to read this blog. Without you, this blog would never have achieved what is has done so far.
The future is even brighter in 2011: new books, new companies, new ventures, new topics, and two elections in 2012, one in the United States and Puerto Rico. Should be freaking fun.
GRACIAS MIL. A THOUSAND THANKS.
Hit it, Sally!
Read Full Post »